Membership of the BVOA is encouraged for veterinary surgeons interested in the aims of the Association and the promotion of the study and development of orthopaedics in small animals. Membership is open to other members of the profession including veterinary students and veterinary nurses and other suitably qualified workers, provided that they have been proposed and seconded by BVOA members.
Member benefits include:
- Membership rates for biannual meetings and courses
- Access to the Google Discussion Group for the sharing of cases, expertise and advice
- A biannual newsletter
- Option for discounted subscription to the journal Veterinary Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology (VCOT)
- The opportunity to apply for the BVOA Clinical Research Award
- NEW BSAVA member rates for BVOA members on orthopaedic CPD
The annual subscription is £90 for full membership (includes the quarterly journal VCOT) or £35 for associate membership (without journal) per year.
Subscriptions are due on the 1st November but new members are welcome to join the association at any time.
Applications for membership of the Association must be submitted on the official subscription form. Please return the form, together with your cheque, to the administrator. If you wish to pay by Standing Order, download the mandate and send directly to your bank when completed. There is also a renewal form for existing members.